In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thomson Center muzzle loader questions

asirvioasirvio Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hey I just found this fourm and it looks great !!

I've got a TC Grey Hawk .50 cal stainless/synthetic cap lock that I use for deer hunting. I'm considering going to a scope because my eye sight just ain't what it used to be. It appears that TC has a "Dual Ring" scope mounting system for the gun. Does any body know if that set up is a quick release unit ? Any comments about that set-up ?
I'm also considering going to one of the TC in-lines as an second option because cleaning the cap lock is kind of a pain and the removable breech plug sounds like a good idea especially if I'm going to put a scope on the gun. Plus the in-line scope mounting looks more solid to me. The cap lock mounting system appears to cantileaver the scope over the tang and that looks a bit scary...Any comments ??

"If god didn't want man to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat".....Ted Nugent

Comments

• Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    asirvio: in t/c catalog #23 it showes a quick release mount that has the greyhawk listed base # 9940 I don't know anything about it but t/c makes good stuff,, as far as a scope goes makes sure you check with your game dept. to be sure what is ok to use in your area , Here in WI we can not use a scope with any magnifcation during the black powder season but we can use a red dot type sight , so I put a bushnell holosight on my 50 cal encore ,, it works great!!!! also if you haven't try them check out CVA Power Belt Bullets very easy to load and they shoot really good