In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Janssen 12 Ga. SxS

jaymacrjaymacr Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
I recently purchased a 12 Ga SxS shotgun with hammers..Side plate is marked "Janssen Sons & Co. Does anyone have information on this manufacturer..i.e. country of origin..years manfactured firearms..
Thanks.

g

jaymacr

Comments

• Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weicome aboard,sorry I cant help.I done some searching but it wasnt in my book on SxS.Im sure some of the guys on this forum will answer for you.It might be a dept store gun or something having the first four digits of the serial no. might help.

Good luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    jaymacr: My Database shows a JANSSEN FRERES from Liege, Belguim, circa 1925, Maker of Double Barrel, Side-By-Side Guns. They were made in various Guages and are Worth $225.00 in Good Shooting Condition..If Your Gun has a Belguim Proof Mark under the Breech End of the Barrels...Then it must be the same Maker......Best...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    jaymacrjaymacr Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for rapid responses..all I can add is the serial No., found under breech is 7989..also found there are the letters C C and numeral 3 which are found under the forearm also. there are several stamps under the breech but I will need a magnifying glass to make them out..one stronger than what I have. And..the initials JJ are stamped under the buttplate..stock is beautiful walnut painted over with gawdugly red coating of some type.. thanks again guys.

jaymacr