In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 597 Aftermarket Modifications

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
When are we going to see someone start offering drop in barrels, stocks and other modified parts for 597's like we have for the 10/22? Maybe they're out there already and I just missed them. GHD

Comments

• NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello GHD I dont believe there out there yet,I have handled a few of those rifles.I havent bought a Remington rimfire since the 522 viper,which I likevery well.Do they shoot well? I like the looks of them and the way they feel.

Rugster

Edited by - rugster on 06/30/2002 12:02:14
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    I have both 22LR and 22Mag. Both have been reliable as far as functioning with the exception of one box of Remington ammo in the Mag. I sent the rest of the box back to Remington and got a nice little letter and a cap and a keychain!! They had a bad lot and they really want to know when there is a problem. As far as accuracy goes I'm more impressed with the Magnum. It's not quite up there with the 882 or 883 Marlins that I've shot but overall is acceptable. I would not hesitate to drop a 17HRM barrel it though if it was available!! The 22LR is just plain fun and inexpensive to shoot!! It's easy for the smaller kids to handle to learn with. GHD
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or else just swing by Mr. Volquartsen's place in Iowa. He IS a resident of this fine state.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    idsman, I left a message for you on another post. Haven't heard back. GHD
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Email the thread to me at : idsman75@peoplepc.com

can't figure out what you are talking about