In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

where to get the best price

lead lobberlead lobber Member Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
I want to buy a New Browing A-Bolt Stainless Steel, composit in 308. Where can I get the best deal. Went to a site that said 10% over dealer cost but they were 10% over what my local store will sell it to me for. And the dealer book shows a price of about 120 less as his price(the dealer price). That site has some funny math. lol

Edited by - lead lobber on 06/28/2002 07:21:23

Comments

• Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot depends on the quantity ordered of whatever product. The "10%" site probably only buys one at a time. You gun shop, depending on their size, may by 100 at a time. Generally, in larger quantites, a discount is applied. Hence, a lower price to the public.

If your gun shop has the lowest price, run with it and patronize them. They probably put out big bucks on their end to give you their best price.

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Watch Gun Broker closly you might find one there much cheaper/

Good Luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Watch Gun Broker (HA) By the time you pay all the expences you have paid way to much for it.
  • Options
    binkysguybinkysguy Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For new guns at good prices, I have been pleased with gun4ever.com out of Ohio and youngsguns.com out of Tennessee. Both sell a lot through gunbroker.
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What state do you live in? If you are in central PA. I can give you a real good person to deal with.
  • Options
    kevin@digital-link.netkevin@digital-link.net Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where at in pa I live right in central pa Thanks Kevin
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kevin, It's Glenn's gun shop in Annville PA. Real good to deal with and has good prices. He sells stuff on here he can't move (quickly)in the shop. His sellers name is Glennboy, take a look at his auctions. Good example the beretta shotgun he auctioned here, it was hundreds less in the shop than what it brought here. Anyway, he deals mainly in used guns. If you want a new one I'm sure he will give you the best price on one, and order it in. His phone number is (717)867-8455