In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Firearm storage in PA.

loruslorus Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hi All.

Does anyone know of a shooting range in PA that allows the storage of
firearms? Live in NYC and would want to store firearms in PA not having to go through NYC permit crap.

Thanks,

Eugene
lorus77@mailandnews.com

Comments

• Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Technically I don't think you can do that unless you have a residence in PA in which case it would not really be necessary.

Sadly it's near impossible to get the laws changed in NY with the political nitwits like Schumer and Clinton so dearly loved by their moronic constituency. FWIW, if you have enough pull in NYC, you can get a carry permit with almost no trouble or wait whatsoever. Otherwise, get a good lawyer.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Lorus...like i said in the other forum...you might be better off looking for a mini storage place to store your guns instead of a range.

here are a few in PA that might help...at the very least they might be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.webs4you.com/philadelphia-selfstorage/home.htm
    http://www.summitstorage.com/index.htm
    http://www.thelockup.com/Default.asp

they might be able to help you, or atleast point you in the right direction. keep us posted if it works.

Alex
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Alex. I will definetly look into that.

Eugene.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well then, the next question that I have is whether anybody knows a cheap storage place in Pennsylvania. The cheapest one I found in a convinient location for me is 28 bucks for 5' by 5' locker.

Thanks,

Eugene.
  • Options
    treedawgtreedawg Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would not be comfortable with my guns at a storage place. how good is the security????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmmm... Here's another question. How legal it is to store a handgun, or a rifle in my friend's house in PA, or even a storage place for that matter. Technically speaking it is not my place of residence, but I cannot say that my friend owns the guns becuase there is a procedure that has to be followed under PA law for transferring the ownership of the guns.

Thanks,

Eugene.
  • Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just move to PA. Problem solved.
  • Options
    gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iorus: Solve your problems by moving to PA before Rendell is elected as the next governor. Stored several friend's firearms at my home while they were on assignment overseas and on the road. Inquired with local State Police office prior to storing and there were no laws prohibitting the storage of someone elses firearms other except for illegal or stolen firearms and firearms of domestic violence alleged offenders (have to do a legal transfer in that case). It was suggested a notarized letter of ownership and terms of storage and/or copies of sales reciepts to eliminate any problems in the event of theft, fire, damage, insurance claims, or police search. Buy a cheap but good safe and store them at a friends house in PA. I do know some gun dealers store some guns for regular customers.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gunpaq,

once they start paying java programmers in PA as much as they pay in NYC, I am so there...

Thanks for the info, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Eugene
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to live in NYC and we had people who commuted from PA. Programmers can code anywhere--maybe you just need to find the right employer--perhaps commuting to NYC one or two days a week.

Do be careful how you work things in the interim. Programmers don't make much at all in the Graybar Hotel.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead