In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OTTO BOCK 9,3x62

sniper1775sniper1775 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Otto Bock 9,3x62 and i have been trying to find out any information i can on the rifle, I have learned that Otto Bock was the creator of the 9,3x62 cartridge and the rifle was made in Nov, 1926. there is a good story behind how i got this rifle and i was curious to see if any one here might know a little about old mr. Otto Bock or where i could find some info on him or his rifles. I have only talked to one person who could help me a little on this subject. if there is anyone who can help me out it would be very much appreciated.
thanks,
LCpl Place
USMC/SRT

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My "Cartridges of the World" by Frank C. Barnes is an old 6th edition, but the information will not have changed much to a newer edition I suspect.

It list the cartridge as being developed in 1905 by Otto Bock of Berlin. It also list Herr Bock as being a well known gunsmith around the turn of the century.

It says it was introduced to give the then German colonies in Africa an adequate African cartridge. The cartridge is listed as having a good reputation in Africa and Asia and adequate for anything in North America. Also states that cases can be formed from 30-06 casing.

Best Regards