In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scope on a Ruger Mk-1

pavil58pavil58 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Ruger Mk-1 with a 4"(5"?)bull barrel, Patridge front sight, and adjustable rear sight. I want to mount a scope but the receiver is not drilled for mounts. Any ideas or your comments would be interesting to see. Thanks. P.

Comments

• Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same setup. my gunsmith put a set of bases on it, and im using weaver rings with a 1 1/2x weaver scope. works great.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    pavil58: I have a ruger mark II with a reddot on it, it was not drill either, I put on a mount called MGW 22 auto , you take out the rear sight and them this full length mount for weaver type rings sits down on top of the receiver with a screw that goes into the old rear sight screw hole, its worked fine for me for about a year now, any gun shop should be able to sit you up with a no-drill mount , Gander Mountain , Schell's , Mid-way all come to mind,
    if you want leave your e-mail address and I could send you some pictures of it
  • Options
    garandfangarandfan Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pavil58,
    I have the same setup as gskyhawk with the MGW mount. It works great and the mount hasn't budged and I liked it a lot because nothing was changed on the gun. Mine cost me about 30 bucks. You can find them at:

http://ontargetguns.com/mgwm.html

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
    effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any descent gun smith can fix you up.

Good luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one years ago with a B-Square clamp on mount. It worked
    great.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    I also have a B-Square. It replaces the rear sight that mounts to a ring that clamps around the barrel. Had in on over a year now and it's still rock solid. GD
  • Options
    KJACKKJACK Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an older B-Square clamp-on which does not replace the rear sight. I haven't been able to find a suitable carry method/holster in the field and would consider selling mine. joferranti@aol.com
  • Options
    pavil58pavil58 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for the responses and the URL/Links. I hope to get something put together soon. TNX! P.
  • Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please don't drill any holes in it.
    Dr.Evil
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    pavil58: just in case you may be interested I'm thinking about parting with my Mark II its got the 10" heavy barrel on it and the scope mount ,, if you are drop me a line at gskyhawk2002@yahoo.com