In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

savage safety unsafe

coachmbcoachmb Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a savage 110 left hand rife, If you have the saftey on and pull the trigger it works fine and doesn't shoot and the problem is when you push the saftey off the gun will fire with not pulling the trigger.Does savage have a recall on this problem. This scared the
out of me the first time it happened.

Comments

• Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if they have a recall or not, but the people at Savage would sure be interested in getting your problem solved if they knew about it.

Give them a call first thing in the morning and see what they say.
  • LSandBincLSandBinc Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds to me like some one tried to adjust the trigger. There are three set screws in the trigger that all have to be adjusted together. Take it to a smith and have him readjust everything.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You really ought to send that gun back to Savage!!

Rugster
  • robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LSandBinc has stated what I believe to be the correct conclusion, someone has messed with the trigger, and it needs readjusted. If you are mechanically inclined, even if you've never done it before, you can figure it out for yourself, I did, its really a no brainer. I havent messed wit mine in a while though, and cant remember which screw does what, so I cant tell you which to turn to fix the problem, but since yours is screwed up go ahead and play with it. One adjusts the amount of sear engagement, one the over travel, and I forget what the other one does, and I may not have told you the adjustments in gunsmith terms, but really, its easy to figure out by turning one half a turn, and seeing what the difference in the trigger is. Keep doing this until you figure out what that screw does, then put it back where you started,(you have to keep track of the turns). Do this with each of the 3 screws if thats what you have, then make the adjustments you need to correct your problem. Test, test, test, ensuring you will have no problems, and lock the lock nuts back down and you'll be all set. Someone will probably respond and tell you exactly how to do it, but if not, try it yourself, it sure wont hurt anything. I used the above method on a gun once, knew nothing about triggers at the time, figured it out, and my friend has been nothing but happy with it since. I've adjusted more triggers since then, and still no problems. You can do the same thing, if you're a little mechanically inclined. Good Luck!!

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • LIKTOSHOOTLIKTOSHOOT Member Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with trigger adjustment, but there are two different triggers. One for the 110 and the 110C. Like above, not hard to do...if mechanically astute. LTS
  • coachmbcoachmb Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    everyone thanks for the info
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Yeah,sombody`s been in there messin` with it.Not a big deal to correct..unless they messed up the sear or trigger,by trying to "pollish" them..like the one at the shop I work at.I`ll be ordering parts for it when I go in on thursday.

• laadamlaadam Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out this site

http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage110trigger.html

A couple of easy adjustments that may do the trick
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Totally agree with everyone on the possibility that someone had adjusted it a little to much. Wouldn't bother sending it back to savage before you try the trigger yourself first.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • coachmbcoachmb Member Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Laadam thanks for the trigger adjustment