In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone know the value of a Marlin Model 19-S

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
12 guage with a 32" barrel??? It's in pretty good condition considering it's age...although I cannot seem to be able to get the pump to work. It's a pump action with an exposed hammer. I think it was made in 1908 (that's the last of many dates stamped into the barrel). It has a pistol grip stock. It also has a serial number stamped into the bottom of the receiver, just in front of the magazine tube slot. I customer brought it in and wants to sell it on consignment, but we have no idea of what to ask for it. My book does not list a model 19-S...only the 19...any of you experts have any ideas? Thanks!![:)]

Comments

• Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello ECC The Md 19 came in 4 grades, A,B,C, and D. Are you sure that S might not be a B. My info shows this gun was made 2 years 1906-1907.

Regards Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by only winchesters
    Hello ECC The Md 19 came in 4 grades, A,B,C, and D. Are you sure that S might not be a B. My info shows this gun was made 2 years 1906-1907.

Regards Dave

No...it clearly says "Marlin Model No 19-S." The last date on the barrel says "May 19 '08". It has 8 different dates stamped into the barrel after the patent date of "May 12 1896".
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the 19S is a standard model the S is to note a change in engineering from the Model 19 and has no engraving or checkering. I have two of these shotguns and if it is nice maybe high end 400.00 if someone falls in love with it. I have seen a lot of these sell for 150.00 to 250.00 at gun shows, you may be able to get more money out of it selling the parts off. The fancy models of this shotgun go for 900.00 or more according to the type of engraving and checkering. Most people say don't shoot them, I take mine out and run some light loads through them from time to time.

Emmett
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Emmett Dunham
    I think the 19S is a standard model the S is to note a change in engineering from the Model 19 and has no engraving or checkering. I have two of these shotguns and if it is nice maybe high end 400.00 if someone falls in love with it. I have seen a lot of these sell for 150.00 to 250.00 at gun shows, you may be able to get more money out of it selling the parts off. The fancy models of this shotgun go for 900.00 or more according to the type of engraving and checkering. Most people say don't shoot them, I take mine out and run some light loads through them from time to time.

Emmett

Thanks for the info![8D]