In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Dates of Manufacture

luvberettaluvberetta Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have read and understand the codes given by remington to date their firearms and I also know that the company stopped put codes between the years 1999-2001. But I have some guns, rifles and shotguns that have no 2 letter code on left side of barrel and I know that they are older than 1999-2001. Has anyone else seen this?
And do I look at any 2 letter marking whether it be on bottom or to the right side? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    turtles11756turtles11756 Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.remingtonsociety.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes been there still no info on why some barrel's have no codes.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are your Remington's pre 1921?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No If I had to take a guess some where beween 1960-1980's I called remington once with serial number, they gave me the date, but not very polite about it, I was a bother to them, quote " We are in business to sell firearms, not collectibles" quote . I would just like to identify age of guns ( or try to ) when at gun shows. Can I rely on any 2 letter code even if it is not on left side of barrel?
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by luvberetta
    Can I rely on any 2 letter code even if it is not on left side of barrel?

I would categoricaly say "No". On some Remington Models, it might be necessary to remove the stock to see the date code on the left rear side of the barrel.