In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Super X Model 1

pjpjrpjpjr Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
I own this gun in 30" full trap choke. What are your opinions on these shotguns? Mine is very well made!!! The trigger group is built like a fine watch!
Anything I need to know about these shotguns? I plan on shooting mine on trap range.

Comments

• Options
    pjpjrpjpjr Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone know the resale value of this gun?
    IMG_0413.jpg
    I am looking to sell my gun, but I don't know what to ask as a starting price? It is in fair to good condition, could use a re-blueing in some areas.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great guns. Just enjoy.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,978 ******
    edited November -1
    keep the gas system clean, the later guns (and replacement) magazine tubes are made of stailess the early ones were regular crbon steel and did rust. btw the magazine tubes are reversable, if yours rusts/wears on the business end you can just turn it around for more usage.
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello pipjr: Many feel it was the best shotgun to come out of New Haven in the post 64 era. It was. Winchesters/USRAs failure to expand into other gauges, and choke tubes was a mistake.

Prices on them are rising. The special ones made in the late 80's can command some premium dollars.

Regards Dave