In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pentax Scopes?

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
Anybody tried these? I have a chance to pick up a couple at a good price. One is a 4-12 x 40mm, the other not sure of. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    I don't have the scope but I use their binos and they are great. A friend has one on a 300 win mag and he loves it...Bull
  • Options
    konamtbikerkonamtbiker Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a pair of pentax binoculars. They are great. I think you could expect the same from there scopes. They have got to be better than a cheap tasco or simmons anyways. :)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one, but it is over 10 years old and I do not know if it is a good indicator of the quality of todays scopes. The optics are good and it has held zero for all those years. Mine is a Lightseeker II, no longer made.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Had a pair of binos once.

They were great!!

Sure wish I new who took'em.

[:(][:(]

BW
  • Options
    ljc2tallljc2tall Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pentax scopes are now made by Burris if this helps. I have a 3x9x40 with the rangefinder reticle. Have not used it enough to form an opinion.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    If they are older models, you will be hard pressed to find a scope with better light transmission. If they are newer then like ljc2tall said, they are made by burris. Still great quality though.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Burris has been making the scopes for Pentax now for the better part of 10 years or more. Pentax makes the Binoculars for Burris...kind of a neat arrangement. The Pentax scopes you will not get hurt on. If you do have doubts, then there is always Nikon...they make their own scopes and binoculars.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the responses,I'm picking the scopes up today after work.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1.5 to 5 Pentax on my FAL - huge rear bell on the thing & kind of looks at home on a military rifle. Good quality, sharp focus and clear picture. I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    cmd66cmd66 Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pleased with the one Pentax that I do have.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I am not mistaken, Pentax provides the glass for there scopes and burris scopes. Burris makes the tubes for both scopes. Never had one, but I can't see why they wouldn't be a decent scope with this arangement.

Jon