In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

J P Sauer & Sohns pistol

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in Ask the Experts
A guy i work with showed me a .357 mag revolver this a.m. It was made by the above in West Germany. He was wanting to know if they were any good. The gun was a gift to him he was just curious.

Comments

• Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]They were just a blurb by Sauer later(SIG) in the early 80's--

--they were distributed by Hawes Firearm co. of Los Angeles at that time and were good German Machine work, but I think they only lasted about three years--

In PRIMO condition they may go for $200/500 depending on the model and condition.

--I have a .44 mag "CHIEF MARSHAL" in NRA 99%+ condition, but no sale possible--

--imgp0037tg1.jpg

JIMBO
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats a good looking gun. He was just asking me if i knew anything about it. I thought i would ask here. Thanks for the info
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's mine it's a Herter .401 Powermag mfg. for Herter in the 60s by J.P.Sauer & Sohn. NOT FOR SALE![8D] I'll give you $50.00 for those grips Jim? [:D]

standard.jpg
  • Options
    jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]-Yo ATF-Your's look's PRETTY good, but I can't part with my grips, anyway your's looks good with yours and I doubt if ANYBODY makes gripos for them, because as you know they're BIG--

--for big hands. which is why I put HOGUE custom grips on my Blackhawks-they're stock grips are (little)--

--Can you help out old Sir Nunn, you know he needs the firing pin assy for his .22 Sauer & Sohn-I'm sure a good machinist could make one and thread it--

Good day--JIMBO