In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

J.P. Sauer & Sohn .22 SA Firing Pin

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
edited April 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have this old, and I mean OLD, J.P. Sauer & Sohn .22 revolver.

MVC-181F.jpg

It looks like this.

MVC-183F.jpg

Left side barrel marking.

MVC-184F.jpg

Right side barrel marking.

That was just to get you acquainted with the gun. Here is the problem.

MVC-186F.jpg

MVC-185F.jpg

MVC-187F.jpg

It is missing the firing pin, and whatever device holds the firing pin in the frame.

So, I contacted a parts dealer, and gave him the make and model of the gun, and asked for a firing pin, firing pin bushing, and firing pin spring.

MVC-188F.jpg

This is what I got, and it doesn't fit.

MVC-189F.jpg

The hole in the frame appears to be threaded, and this bushing is apparently made to be held in with a cross pin. This bushing is also too big in diameter to fit in the hole.

Can you tell me where I might look to find the parts I need?

Comments

• Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Try here http://www.e-gunparts.com/. They also offer a forum where you can ask "Parts People" where to find stuff.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello NUNN I think you had best retire that pistol it looks to me that the frame has a crack running through the firing pin area [:(] a 22long rifle is not a high pressure round but I suspect the firing pin retainer was blown out the first time with out causeing injury to the shooter if you replace the parts in a cracked frame gun it could blow out again and hurt someone I believe theses frames were a ZINK alloy[xx(] non repairable.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is not a crack, but a casting mark.

The firing pin did not "blow out." It was removed intentionally by a family member of the mentally disturbed previous owner, who did not want the owner to do any harm with it. That was about 35 years ago, and the pin assembly was lost.
  • Options
    EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I once had a J.P.Sauer and Sohn 357 mag revolver.It also had a screw in bushing.It kept coming loose all the time.The replacement parts you got look like they are for a Rossi.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That cracked frame makes this one a wall hanger. I would retire it, and leave the firing pin out.

Good luck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The frame is not cracked. That makes twice.