In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.280 Remington?

grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 740 in .280 Rem.,I'm shooting factory Remington 165 gr ammo right now. My question is why is the empty brass so damn hot when it comes out of the gun? I actually melted my finger-prints when I picked up an empty case the other day when I was shooting. I never had a gun that was so hot after firing. Is there a problem, or is this standard? I've never dealt with the .280, or the 740 till now.
Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not familer with the 740, but I can tell you that brass out of a Garand will raise blisters if you pick it up right away (or if it lands on your neck during prone shooting stages)
  • Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Silly boys; its the awsome power of the cartrige, nothing else. I prefer to shoot the nosler 140gr for whitetail. I have the same problem whith heat, I never thought of it as being any different from other cartriges of like caseings.
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!