In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

are Norinco 1911 worth buying?

Rob3448Rob3448 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at a Norinco 1911 on the auction and i wanted to know what you guys think about them before i bidThanks for input

Comments

• Options
    budmottbudmott Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO, Less than $350, worth the bucks.They are not imported any longer.Norinco was one of the few 1911s thatBill Wilson would convert. I have had4 over the years and each one worked great. I paid from $225 to $325 for theones I had. Also, if you want you canadd all sorts of stuff to it. Just a basic 1911. bud
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually find them at gun shows and pawn shops for anywhere from $200-300 depending on whats been done to them. Usually you don't find them original because people have modified them so they will actually work. You'll also find the ones that people just added a bunch of aftermarket junk to them and they never worked right, because they didn't know what they were doing. I remeber a guy at a gunshow had one that was all tricked out with every aftermarket part you could replace, but it jammed and never function properly, the guy was trying to ditch it for like $500, but when I saw the guy come around again he had traded it to a dealer for $200 on a Kimber.
    Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    azgunnut2@yahoo.comazgunnut2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey ,Go ahead & if you can find one reasonable -Buy It !!!! we have done a lot of "smithing"over the past twenty-two (22) years and dorecommend these , they are a basic goodshooter , just be carefull on the ones that some-one (home gunsmith) monkeyed with...it may not work as planned...if youfind one reasonable and dont grab it or if you do get one and change your mind , please let us knowthey have stopped the importing of these & wehave a merket for them....Thanks !!!!!!azgunnut2@yahoo.com.....................
  • Options
    toolman9mmtoolman9mm Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i second that mine right out of the box fuctioned perfect. just my opinion.
  • Options
    Rob3448Rob3448 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well i am not going to bid on the gun but if you guys want to here is the auction number 3532056.
  • Options
    changdaochangdao Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had any experence with the 1911`s, but I`ve owned other handguns and rifles made by them and all functioned flawlesly.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  • Options
    skipjackoneskipjackone Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....they give Col. Colt a run for his money. One of the best .45's I've had and even better than some of the stock Colts. They trick out really nice.
  • Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice, real nice. I have one and the only aftermarket are the the rosewood grips I added. Works and shoots like a dream. They only came in two finishes, blue and parkerized. Go for it! "I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to eat a salad."