In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Single Six 9.5 star

bluesteel4rbluesteel4r Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
We have a Stainless Steel Ruger Single Six new model and "Star Model" it has a 9.5" barrel. someone said the "Star" Model was only made for one year and is very rare. what is something like this worth and would I list it under "collector" firearms or regular??ThanksDave

Comments

• agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    The Ruger Stainless Steel Single Six listed in the C&R list is with a 9" barrel and S/N starting at 62-07500-63-40000. There are a couple of other single sixes listed, but none with your description.
    AlleninAlaska
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF YOU WANT TO SELL THE 'STAR" LET ME KNOW. EMAIL;duckhunter140@hotmail.com. THANKS, JOHN
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you mean by a star model?Is it because it has a small star stamped on the underside of the frame?Dr.Evil
  • bluesteel4rbluesteel4r Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes it has a "star" on the underside of the frame in front of the cylinder
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, my book says that star stamped Super Single sixs were not convertables.They only came with the 22 long rifle cylinder.No 22 magnum cylinder with this gun. Book also says 9-1/2 barreled revolvers were not cataloged,but quite a few were made.I would go over to the Ruger talk Forum,and ask Weaselmeatgravey,or Flatgate about the pistol.My thing is Ruger 22 Auto Pistols,not revolvers.Hope this has been some help.Dr.Evil
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    my 1999 Standard Catalog of Firearms has this listingNew Model Single Six ( long rifle only ) " Star Model" This model was produced in blue and stainless steel for one year only in 4 5/8, 5 1/2, 6 1/2, and 9 1/2 inch barrel lengths. values listed as follows blue variation NIB $350, exc.-- $300, v.g.-- $175, good-- $150Stainless Steel variation: NIB -- $350, exc.--$300, V.G.--$200, good--$150Note: Pistols with 4 5/8 or 9 1/2 inch barrels will bring a premum of 50 to 100% to NIB prices depending on variation.wished I had the money I would buy it!! willing to trade??