In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP ME!!!!!

akman434akman434 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I need some serious help. I've raised some money for a new gun, and I've narrowed it down between a CETME and a Charles Daly 1911. From what I've heard, they're both really good guns. So, for the past few days, all I've been thinkin about was which onw to get.

PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO GET!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rifle or handgun ... what kind of shooting do you like to do, where do you shoot ... the list goes on.

If most of your shooting will takeplace at indoor ranges the rifle can be a problem as a lot of those ranges either don't permit high power rifle's or the limit the use of them to certain days ... and many charge higher hourly fees. So you may want to go w/ the pistol.

If you have access to outdoor facilities that let you shoot 100-200 yards (or longer) then you may want to go with the rifle. But the one your talking about is a service grade rifle not a target rifle, so you better be content with, best case, 2-3+ inch groups at 100 yards.

I've given you some rationale for basically a question that has no real answer, but perhaps that rationale will help you focus in on what may be your interest.

As you get more focus, or to help acquire some more focus come back with posts that have specific questions, and don't try and lump several questions in one post as that limits the input that you can get.

2470099-S.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    usa-1963usa-1963 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    save more money and buy them both. ;)
    don't have a Daly, but the Cetme... u will not be disappointed!!
  • Options
    hughes1hughes1 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The CETME is a good quality rifle which is both fun and cheap to shoot if you buy surplus ammo. Charles Daly has had a few quality issues in the past and unfortunatly that will hurt the resale value if you decide to sell it down the line. I would recomend buying the CETME now since they are not too expensive. I would pass on the Charles Daly and save up for a Colt, Springfield, Kimber, or other more reputable .45 as they will hold their value far better than the CD.
  • Options
    RoadkillRoadkill Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a Springfield 1911 and a CETME rifle.[8D]

I love them both and if I had to give one up, it would be a really tough choice. The CETME is a BIG rifle! The 1911 is a good sized handgun.[:0]

Hmmmmmmmmm............tough choice! Like it was said above....save yer cash and do both![:D]