In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Federal Arms Corporation?

turbanturban Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have any experience with their products. I'm looking for an aftermarket Glock 27 barrel and see their's are about half the price of a KKM. That itself usually tells me something ... but not always. Some time ago I bought a 6" KKM replacement for my G20 and love it. I'm not going to skimp, but would be interested in FAC feedback. Thx.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason that Federal's barrels are less expensive, is that their made in Korea. Quality is excellent. Bought one for my M 20 about 4 years ago, it just droped in, works fine.

Added bonus is that the barrels have conventional rifleing and a somewhat tighter chamber ( at least mine does ). This means that you can use lead projectiles and have a slightly greater KB tolerence in case you load on the hot side.

Did have trouble with a couple of their barrels chambered for 357 Sig. With factory ammo, I was getting incipient failure rings on the brass. Since I wanted the brass for reloading, I sent the barrels back.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought some 9mm barrels for a Star pistol and was very pleased with fit and finish. Still using 'em.

Them ducks is wary.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought one for a HiPower and a Glock 19 and both shoot very well.
    They may be stainless because they are bright with no hint of darkening or rust.
    I do recall having to do a little fitting to the HiPower in the cam area.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a threaded one with the comp in a Glock 21 ... dropped in, no problems ... I've bought a few things from them returned a couple, never had a problem with them.

Chance favors the prepared mind [8D]
    Topeka.gif
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.