In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CZ 452

L7L7 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I came across a CZ 452 .22LR last week at Sportings Goods store. Seemed like a well made rifle and was reasonably priced. Any experience with this rifle. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not this specific rifle, but i have a few cz pistols, and the quality and value is outstanding, and from my experience customer support is great
  • Options
    vepr762vepr762 Member Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An outstanding rifle in both accuracy, value, and workmanship. I bought one for my son around 3 years ago for $180. Yes, it was a great price. I put a 4X Weaver Rimfire scope on it and with the cheap Remington Gold tip (brass plated) ammo I can get 5 shot groups under 1" at 50yds. The only negative is that the adjustable trigger needs to be set by a gunsmith unless you have the confidence and skills.

Rumor has it that a rifle chambered in the new 204 Ruger is on its way.
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    I just got one myself, and I am very pleased with it.

Boomer

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as it is by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed"

. and the antithesis to this philosophy was uttered by Bill Clinton "I smoked it, but I didn't inhale."[V]

NRA Life Member
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ's in my opinion are a little pricey but well worth every penny. Adjusting the trigger can be a little tricky but it is doable! My CZ Hornet may wind up in the casket with me!! Who says you can't take it with you!!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I have three of the CZ .22 rifles (Model I, Model II/452, and a Model 4 target rifle). All of these CZ rifles are of excellent quality with very good fit and finish and each delivers outstanding accuracy with quality ammunition. CZs rimfires also have extremely powerful extractors and firing pins and will handle steel case ammunition (once quite common in the Eastern Bloc) without any problems at all. The tanget rear sight and rather complicated adjustments on the front sight are typically European and are not nearly as popular here in the States but they will serve and I agree that the trigger may need the help of a pro to help sort it out, but I found none of my rifles needed much in the way of adjustment out of the box. With a top quality rimfire scope installed a Model 452 can serve in a wide variety of uses from field to target range and get the job done very well at a pretty reasonable price. I like mine CZ rimfires very much much!

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    HomeycatHomeycat Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ is ok in my books. Have a 452 in .17 hmr. Just sighted it in over the weekend & really impressed w/accuracy. Took a fly out on the target out at 25 yrs. ! ! ! After that 50 yrd. shots were less than .5 inch w/gusty cross wind. The 452 is nicely made w/walnut stock & has impressive bluing. Balance is also good. I would say money well spent. They are so much fun shooting, its hard to quit ![:D]
  • Options
    bgjohnbgjohn Member Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are GREAT! I have two 452's, a 22lr & 17hmr. I'd like to get a 22 Hornet also. The triggers need to be tweaked then lookout varmints.
    JM