In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR15 experts; help please

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I am going to auction a lower on GB. As it is the only one I have ever purchased, and can't remember exactly what I paid, I was hoping you guys could tell me what I should expect for min./max so I could list a fair starting price and go from there. I was intending to start it at $350. It is a Colt post ban Sporter Match HBar lower stamped ".223" with a pinned in block. Like new condition. Is this a fair starting price?? Can I expect to get more?Less? Also, how do I ship a lower? Same as a long gun?? Thanks!

jpwolf.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.

Comments

• Options
    jaoobjaoob Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see in latest Shotgun News Colt complete lowers from Hoplite are 399.99 so your price might be ok.
    Ship just like a complete gun because the lower receiver is the "GUN" Hope this helps Good Luck.

Jim
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Right off the top of my head I can tell you that I can purchase the exact same Colt Match Target lower brand new with an A2 buttstock attached for $400 (or $300 for a Bushmaster) from Hopelite Inc @502-955-5014. An opening bid only $50 lower to purchase your used (even if perfect) lower would not motivate me to bid on your auction...my own opinion. The fact this item was once part of a Sporter Match HB rifle really means nothing since all you are offering is the lower itself and without the HB upper a lower is pretty much a lower since for $500 I can purchase a factory Colt Accurized Rifle lower with the factory tuned trigger from the same supplier. The Colt lower is considered to be a rifle if it came from the factory with a buttstock attached so the usual long gun regulations would apply.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thanks much guys, very helpful. Better start with a little lower $$$'s.

jpwolf.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would agree. You should start lower.