In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weaver scope ring?

pscgradpscgrad Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does weaver make a see through scope ring for their universal base? I have a TC Omega and would like to put a weaver base (and scope) on it and still be able to use the iron sights if necessary.

Comments

• Options
    pscgradpscgrad Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    warcrobwarcrob Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a novel idea but the problem with see thru bases is that you have to lift your head off the stock to see thru the scope. Your eye should naturally line up with the scope when you shoulder the gun.

If you ain't got a sense of humor you got no business bein here!
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never seen see-through Weaver bases, but that does not guarantee they do not exist. Most of the see-throughs are aluminum and not all that sturdy. They set the scope very high and make accurate sighting problematic. Probably better to go with a low magnification variable scope like 1.75-5 and forget the iron sights.

He Dog
  • Options
    cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to "www.weaver-mounts.com"
    click on "detatchable see-thru rings"
    WAH-LAH!

"all I really need to know I learned in kindergarten" Robert Fulghum

anyone who says "nobody needs a full auto" has never been in front of a brown bear charge
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes Weaver does make see-thru rings that go with the weaver bases. They make extended see thru also if you have troubles with the length of the scope.

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?