In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

class III firearms

3 weelin geezer3 weelin geezer Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I notice my previous post was locked. Is it not cool to ask about class III stuff here or what? Also, what constitutes "a website we don't like"? Is there a list of such websites? [:0]

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    There is no problem at all about a discussion on National Firearms Act weapons (Class three is a Special Occupational Tax for those who deal in these items). I have no clue as to what the issue was with your original post and I could not care less. What you apper to be looking for is a modification along the lines of the ChiCom Models 64 and 67 pistols which function either as a semi automatic or, when the need presents itself, have the ability to lock the slide closed in order to fire one round with extreme silence. After this single shot you simply unlock the action and eject the spent case once you are in a safe area where noise is not an issue. I've seen this same type of lock on suppressed High Standards and Colt Woodsman pistols and it usually takes the form of a button on the right side of the grip, just below the slide, which will lock the slide closed when depressed. Any gunsmith could do this modification on either type of pistol so I doubt it is much of an issue.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Knight's Armament in Florida manufactures suppressed handguns equipped with their neat patented slide lock system. They're a very reputable company and make some of the units used by our military. I've examined their pistols available on the civilian market and have been impressed with the quality.

http://www.knightarmco.com/
  • Options
    Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, on this board topics get lock at (or close to) 10 replies. Nothing wrong with what you put, just policy.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • Options
    3 weelin geezer3 weelin geezer Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks fellas. This is just what I was looking for. I was under the impression that this feature came from the factory. I figured I had done something wrong being new to this forum and all.