In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

scope compass

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have compasses on all my scopes that replace the scope cap. They were made or distributed by a company I believe in Michigan. Does anybody know their name or have an address?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know a vendor or the name of the manufacturer of the compasses that replace the windage and elevation adjustment caps on a scope?
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    seems like it would be awfully close to a bunch of steel.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Seems the recoil would pop the needle off the poise, creating a need for another compass.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They work fantastic, and I have some but i need one for a Weaver Grand Slam. As long as you have your gun, you have a compass.
  • Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JimmyJack I've seen you or someone else post this before and I wish I could help, seems like most of your responders are trying to shoot the product down instead of help you out, the idea sounds good and when you find them I'd like to know where you found them. I'm sure you've carefully examined the ones you have for any sign of a manufacturer, other than that try a search on the internet, check with Cabela's/ Gander Mtn./ Bass pro shops/ Sportsmans supply. etc..
    Let me know where you find them. I think a long time ago I saw small compasses with an adhesive back that might work as well but I can't remember where I saw them.
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a great idea. But like the other guy said, wouldn't it throw off the accuracy with all the steel so close? Or is it something other than a magnetic compass? The compass I carry goes haywire around metal. I would like some more info. on this. I'll put one on all my scoped rifles if it works.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Try calling a few scope manufacturers.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder about it too, but if it works it works. As an alternative, if this does not work out, I have a small compass that serves as a zipper pull on my hunting jacket. Came from REI.

He Dog
  • Options
    dcj10dcj10 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my compass at Cabela's. I don't remember the manufacturer. It replaces the adjustment cover on the scope. The compass part comes off easily when you want to use it so the gunmetal won't affect it.
    compass.jpg
    compass2.jpg

dcj10