In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

benelli rifles

MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
have any of y'all heard anything good or bad about the Benelli R1 rifles? im looking at purchasing a rifle....love my super black eagle...

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

"Not many like us, in fact very few, and most of them are dead" LtCol Pratt - USMC

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Benelli rifles are based off the gas-operated M1014 not the recoil operation of the SBE. [:(!]
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    savage12bvss300wsmsavage12bvss300wsm Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont know if it is just me but the benelli r1 and the new BARs look an awful lot alike.

Everyone has a photographic memory. Only some have film.
  • Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at both the Benelli and Browning at Cabela"s recently, and while both look very well made, and balance well, too "space cadet" looking for this gun nut! The guys at Cabela's reported the Benelli shot great, and was easy on the shoulder.

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • Options
    riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mvbrownmvbrown Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am waiting for the R1 in 308 which should be out this summer.

Milt
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I own a Benelli M1014 and it has the ARGO (auto regulated gas operated)recoil system. I am impressed with the design and functionality of the ARGO system.

If the R1's are half the quality of the M1014, I would highly recommend them.

Benelli%20M1014%20WoodFloorSmall.JPG

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye