In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.35x51 ammo

FUBARFUBAR Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know where to get any?

Comments

• Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry man, i just checked all my ammo sources.....and no one has it...=-(
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't that the same as 7.35 Carcanno ? (cheated, Carc. is the only 7.35 listed in COTW)If so Norma makes it, check with your local Norma dealer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replys! Yes it is a carcano. I am still a student of Guns and Ammo. Tailgunner, What is Norma? (excuse my ignorance).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Norma is a manufactuer of ammo, they are based in europe but are well distribuated in the US
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks,I learned something new. I will start looking around. I am wondering though as hard as it seems to find the ammo. I have to question how badly I want the gun. It's cheap, but I am more of a shooter than a collector.(I think I have talked myself out of it while I typed this). Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good thought. Norma for that gun runs $30-35 for a box of 20, and trying to find .300 bullets isn't easy if you reload (standard 30 cal is .308)
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I've been playing a lot with this caliber lately. Norma does NOT make this caliber, though they used to and you may be able to find a box somewhere. Surplus is also still available, but rather pricey when found. Brass is easily formed from 6.5 Carcano or 6.5 Mannlicher-Schoenaur, both of which are currently made. Handloading is really the way to go, as a set of Lee dies costs less than a box of new or surplus ammo. Buffalo arms sells bullets, or I would be happy to make you some cast lead ones if you are interested as I have the proper .300 mould. Email endofwork@msn.com if interested.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the correction Jonk.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several hundred of the correct .298 jacketed slugs in RN design. These were made up by Speer back in the 1950s. Forget the weight at the moment, but these were designed for folks to substiture for the FMJ military bullets.