In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington 722

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
anyone remeber the remington 722 in 257 roberts? what would be the value of one in 90% cond .it has a old bausch lomb 4x scope with the older mounts ,the adjustments are all in the mount not the scope.thanks in advance ,keep on bangin boys ,don

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am trying obtain information on an old rifle my father has. Value, Year, Etc. The rifle is a Remington model 722 serial number 276009. On the left side of the barrel is b44. On the right side is Egyption marks. Just kidding I dont know what they are. It is mounted with a Weaver K10 60-B scope from Elpaso,Tx. Appears to be 50-1000 on the front adjustment. The mounts are Weaver detachable patent 1000. Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm running into a problem with my 722 in .222. When I use a 52 gr hp, the round won't feed from the magazine well. The bullit makes it to the chamber and then I think the hollow point is catching and won't chamber. if I feed them from my hand, I can get them to drop right in. Is the hp the problem? I don't remember having this problem with the soft points.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've got a friend that has a 722 in .222. He says he's all over the paper with every kind of ammo he shoots. I've got the same gun, same caliber, shoots clovers all day with my reloads. He says everythings tight, Scope is good(old weaver post). He's going to bring it to me to look at. I'm going to try to work up a load for it. Where do I start in trying to find a problem with this gun? I'm going to try cleaning out any copper fouling first thing, but he says it hasn't been shot much.
  • Options
    bullelkbullelk Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don,
    In Excellent condition, they're worth in the $500.00 + range.

"If All Else Fails, Read The Directions"
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE ONE I BOUGHT IN 1954. WILL STILL KILL A DEER. I ALSO HAVE A 722 SAME ERA .222 LISTED ON THIS SITE. I WOULD THINK $400.00 TO $500.00 FOR A GUN IN %90 CONDITION.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,976 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ddhotbot, got one you want to sell?

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
  • Options
    edited November -1
    he dog i know where one is . if your interested let me know and i will check on it for you .i seen it today at my gunsmiths shop,i would rate it 90% .i was thinking about it myself but im kinda cash poor right now lol.bought too many guns lately.email me ddhotbot@hotmail.com,thanks ,keep on bangin boys,don