In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mauser Model96

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a friend who wants to try to get rid of a Model 96 tomorrow at the Salem show. Am wondering what it should be worth. No cracks in wood, some pitting on the bolt, overall bluing still intact with no bad rust or pitting. Any ideas would be helpful. I told him it would probably be in the 125.00-140.00 range. Is that a fair estimate? GHD

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get them out of shotgun news from wholesalers for $175 a pop. I'd say that you should probably be able to get $120 from a dealer pretty easy for one or maybe $140 on a trade. But if you sell it to a person walking you might try getting $150 for it.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    According to the Blue book, that is a bit low..The book at 60% is 330... to 100% at 625...From your description I would put it about 70% at 360

One woman's opinion
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess its regional, I bought mine for 100.00 at Big 5 and its all matching. That was in 95 I believe, and I find it hard to believe that the price has gone up to anywhere near 300.00 in any condition. I'd say your friend should be able to get what you believe the price should be GD, sounds fair to me, so long as the headspace and bore checks ok, thats about my only peeve with these guns.

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BlackRoses,I think you looked up a Mauser mod 96 which is a modern rifle.Swede mod. 96 is different gun.

ATF
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    60% according to blue book is $120 not $330...

I bought mine with a case of ammo for $215 off a dealer. Like I said, you can buy them all day long in shotgun news for $175.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Arizona there's still alot floating around at the Gun Shows, even some in Gun Shops for $125.00 to $175.00.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,976 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave $125 for mine, non matching except receiver and bolt, but with a 6.49 bore.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand

Edited by - He Dog on 07/27/2002 12:22:34
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    He got 130.00 for it and that was satisfactory. Then he bought his son a 7mm-08 Remington Model Seven stainless. His son and Miss GHD Sarah are hunting buddies. Thanks for all you guys tips. GHD
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    When posting for information on a gun, why dont people give all the info,

BLACK ROSES quoted the price for a Mauser Model 96 from the current blue book.

No where in the initial post did it say anything about SWEDISH or any other make.

So if you have a question on a gun, give all the info you have, IE maker, country of origin, Serial number, Monograms ETC>

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic095 ,you are so right.Sorry about that Black Roses.

ATF