In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Automag III Problem

butbut Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hi all,
Just bought an AMT Automag III in 30 carbine from a seller on this site. Just found out it will not fire due to light firing pin hits. I put a paint brush (pencil won't fit in a 30 cal bore)in the bore and dry fired several times and found out some times the brush doesn't move, sometimes it moves a little, and occasionally the brush will fly out of the bore completely. It seems to work correctly about 20% of the time. I also can't get the darn thing apart.
After removing the slide from the frame you are supposed to depress the recoil rod bushing to clear the barrel bushing so it can be rotated and removed. The recoil rod bushing will not budge, I even rapped it a couple times with a nylon tipped hammer which did nothing.
Any comments or answers to these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you may have possibly aquired someone's problem gun. My advice would be to take it to a gunsmith and have them detail clean it, and then check out the firing pin situation. Could be several things, from the end of the firing pin itself broke of, to the firing pin being warped or bent, to gunk blocking the firing pin's path, to a hammer spring. And a million other things. You may have to have some parts replaced. If so http://www.survival.com.mx/gunrack/amt/ is the plave to find them.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !