In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CUT YOU GROPES IN HALF

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
A year ago I bought a syn. stock for my Remington 700 in 338 mag, It cut my gropes in half and done away with a lot of recoil, I now own 3 of those stocks, and the out come was the same on all, 2 of my friends now have them with the same results.The Co. name is Borden.
570-9652328 info@bordenrifles.com
If you get one of his stocks please post results.

Comments

• Options
    spclarkspclark Member Posts: 408
    edited November -1
    Personally I'd rather have my gropes multiplied by 2... or 10, or 100! Been a long time since I've been groped (or done the groping, let me tell you!). Now, if you mean GROUPS as in holes thru paper targets, I can see why you're excited! (I get a lot more groups these days than I ever did gropes even before I took up shooting again....)
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    O MY GOD, WOULD SOME ONE BEAT ME I SPELLED A WORD WRONG. I was just trying to help, but will never make that mistake again.(NEVER)
  • Options
    berto64berto64 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easy Chuck,
    We all have days where nothing goes well.
    Please don't be so offended that you stay away from posting and participating here.
    If using Borden's stocks improved your groups that much, I'd say you made a fine choice.
    Later,

berto

What! Trade my M-14 for that plastic piece of ___t!Endeavor to Persevere
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chuck, Thanks for the information. How much did the stock set you back?

Jim
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chuck,
    Looks like a cool site to check out, I added it to my list of favorites, and am posting it here for others.

http://bordenrifles.com/

Chuck, dont be so sensitive to the fellas messing with you, its pretty funny if you think about it, and we all screw with each other to give others laughs, even if its at our own expense some times. I'd like to have you stick around, its nice having people here that contribute about hunting and shooting, and have good info. instead of all the guys that just sit here and lurk and wait for a chance to say something they think is going to make them look cool. A lot of these guys dont even hunt or shoot much, they just talk a good line of doo doo.....stir, stir, stir. If I'm wrong, someone prove it. Anyone feel their chain being *? Ya must be the guilty one. He, he, he!!!

SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chuck.Thanks for the info. I am the worlds worst speller. When I first came here,I got it big time.The majorty here care way more about what you say , Than how you say it.Please stick around.We have lost a lot of knowledge due to smart remarks. We NEED you.I am sure spclark did not mean to make fun of you. He was just having fun with the word.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    spclarkspclark Member Posts: 408
    edited November -1
    We ALL need better groups - the more, the better (that applies to gropes too, I guess) - & your contribution here will help make that possible. Rest assured I meant nothing personal in my reply; go in peace & please continue to add your experiences to this forum.
  • Options
    NOTPOSTALNOTPOSTAL Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm hillbilly enough that I had to read your post twice to see what the fuss was all about.Anyway thanks for the info.

...from my cold dead fingers!!
  • Options
    TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    I also suffer from that spelling desise. If thay had spell check on this site I would be a senior member now.
    TOOLS
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chuck, thank you for posting the website, I found it interesting. I have to echo the above comments. Part of the fun here is messing with each other from time to time. I have made a typo or two and have had it pointed out to me...Keep hanging around, your imput is welcome and appreciated.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Had 1 of those stocks on my 450 Ackley and have one on my Rem. 721 in 358 Winchester. But mine were bought when they were still Pacific Research Labs. Very good stocks.

AlleninAlaska

Free men are not equal and equal men are not free
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thru my limited experience, I found that one of the key group cutters is in how you bed the action into the stock. I find that a floated barrel, with a nice thick recoil lug, and a pillar bedded to favor me the best.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !