In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buttstock hinge for Armalite

lokdok1lokdok1 Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
Thanks to my brother-in I have a broken buttstock hinge on my AR180, I've tried Numrich gun parts since May and they are still out of stock. I wonder how often they re-stock.Where would they restock from? The people I contacted at Armalite said they don't deal with that model anymore. Where do I go frome here? Can you help?

Comments

• Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Numrich never has any parts you actually need! If you need it, so does everyone else and the part is long gone. I suppose they junk one AR-180 every ten years, if that.

Depending on how the hinge is broken, I assume the only way to fix it is to weld it. I assume one of the "ears" is broken off, right? Careful welding by someone who knows how to weld thin steel is the only fix, followed by careful grinding and polishing of the weld and rebluing, perhaps with WonderBlue.
  • Options
    lokdok1lokdok1 Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, I guess that's what will have to be done, I was hoping to restore the value, but welding will at least let me get out and shoot it. I haven't seen any other 180s since I bought this one 27 years ago in Va. Beach. I do see them in the auctions once in awhile. I am ordering some Blue Wonder now as I am anxious to see how it works, I've heard a lot of good things about it. Shall I post my results?