In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

new compact

ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
jeez, it seems like forever since i've been here. well here it is......i want another gun(bet no one would have guessed that!) i'm looking for a nice little compact 9 or 380. does anyone know anything about bersa or accutek? as you can see i'm not looking to drop a whole lotta money. just a small, concealable, good feeding pistol. any advice is much appreciated. thanks alot, cody

Comments

• Options
    E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bersa Thunder is good as well as Accu-tek HC-380.But why .380acp?You can get a Kel-Tec P11 in 9mm and its smaller than the Bersa and holds 15+1 with Smith 5906 magazines and its only around $240.00.Go with a Kel-Tec P-11 and get a couple of 5906 mags you wont be sorry you did.

Eric S. Williams

Edited by - E.Williams on 07/26/2002 21:00:56
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beretta 84FS
    Beretta 85FS
    Colt Govt. 380
    Colt Mustang
    Kel-Tec P11
    Mini-Glock
    Taurus PT-58
    Taurus PT-111
    Kahr K9
    Para Ordnance P10
    Sig Sauer P230
    Sig Sauer P232
    Sig Sauer P239
    Beretta Mini-Cougar
    AMT Backup
    Walther PP
    HK P7M8
    Walther PPK
    Beretta 9000
    Browning BDA380
    HK4
    Custom 1911 Officer
    Barret M82A1
    CZ 83
    Grendel P10
    Grendel P12

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ameriskin-
    I would reccomend a Makarov, It fits your criteria and run $100 - $150, lots of surplus ammo, mags and accessories around for them.

leeblackman?
    I'm having a little trouble with your list! Question was asked for inexpensive and concealable ... how does the Barret M82A1 get in there?

=================================
    The only bad thing about choosing a Kimber ...
    ... there are so darn many models to choose from!
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my ideal round would be 9 over .380, but i was just leaving my options open because there are so many damn guns it makes my head spin, lol. and then i cry when i realize how many more i must buy, lol. i'll look into the kel-tec. thanks alot, cody
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bersa's are great guns for the money, I have one. But my conceal carry gun is a glock 26, the 17 & 19 clips work fine, annd I bout it used for a little over $300, and it's one of my favorite pistols to shoot, I can hit the X a lot more than with the bersa.
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    yes, a kel-tec p11 should fit your needs. gd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bought the kel-tec. fun little gun, not very accurate. din't expect it to be, it fit's my needs well. thanks for the advice guys, cody
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kel-Tecs are last ditch,do or die guns they are good to about 10-15 feet.You have one of the most carry friendly pistols available.What kind of deal did you get?Dont forget those Smith 5906 mags and the pocket clip.Good buy.

Eric S. Williams
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A fellow Officer friend of mine bought a Bersa and could not hit the Broad side of a barn with it.He sent it back to Eagle Industries,and they sent it back with a target they had tested it on but,it didnt help accuracy alot.And I thought the gun felt cheap.As for Accutec Im not a .380 fan but it has got good reviews,and I like thee looks of it.But I like the Keltec 9mm idea.

Good Luck.

Rugster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i got it for 200 nib. not a bad deal as far i'm concerned. pray and spray! thanks guys, cody
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is a good price.

Eric S. Williams