In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Missing Hazmat Package Pt II

mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
OK Boys and Girls. Just had to update you on the sordid tale of my missing UPS Hazmat package containing a lot of gunpowder and primers.

I was over in our apartment complex office today to renew my lease and the lady who signs for the deliveries rushed over to me and beckoned me into her office. This is really one for the books, read this carefully to show how stupid UPS really is:

My missing package was found by the assistant manager today. Apparently the UPS driver dropped the package off--NOT at the office as so stated, but at the apartment door. NOT my apartment door, but the same apartment number at a completely different building across the parking lot. No one lived there and one of the maintenance guys, being well-intentioned but not too good a reader to notice the misdelivered package, must have opened the door at some point and put it in the vacant apartment. The assistant manager went to show the apartment to a prospective resident and discovered the package.

I can only imagine if someone, perhaps a youngster, got hold of the package and decided to see just how flammable the contents really were.

Any suggestions for what I should tell the UPS supervisor, besides suggesting a long walk off a short pier for the driver?

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like typical UPS efficiency these days. Glad to hear you got it and no kids did. No suggestions on what to tell the supervisor. He probably does not have any more brains than the driver anyway.

If I knew then, what I know now.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    This is way off base on this forum...Although I can sympathize with you and your problem in getting your merchandise I'll have to ask that you take this Topic to the General Discussion Forums.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff