In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Cleaning Advice

quamnetquamnet Member Posts: 332 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which product to use when cleaning a nickel barrel. I heard that some products may have a negative effect on the color, shine, etc. so i was wondering if you had any suggestions on the topic. Any specialty products??? Thanks much!!!

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    MPro-7....

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can not wait until I get my Blue Wonder Gun Cleaner and able to see the results.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Midway USA has the best solvent Ive found it wont harm your weapon as long as you clean it off good.It is about the best solvent to clean all fouling in your barrel.

Best!!

Rugster
  • Options
    bwabwa Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Butch's Bore Shine, from my brief experience and that of others here, is an excellent solvent for all forms of fouling. I had heard also of the possible damage to the finish of nickel, etc. and called the man who developed the stuff. He said as long as one wipes it off promptly with a clean, dry cloth when finished cleaning, there will be no problem(Keep in mine of course that he is less than an impartial judge .). So far I've found that to be accurate.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used Hoppes #9 on all types of finishes with no problems. I assume you are talking about the outside, as the inside of a nickled gun barrel is not plated.
    Happy shootin -Joe-