In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bal-Var 6x24 value ?

XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
What is a Bal-Var 4X24 scope worth. Very minor wear marks. Excellent optics and it has all the mounting hardware? Thanks. E-mail at DEin2000@aol.com or post here is you can help with the value.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can find a buyer, somewhere in the $200-$400 range.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny I just got one for $250 (But) It came with a Savage 112 J Series
    Rifle, The funny part is The gun shop Could not set a price on the rifle or the scope. Savage When I called them Did not have any records on that rifle (year made etc.) My BALvar 6-24 is in mint cond. few nicks But hey good optics are hard to come by. Mine looks like a Unertl With 2 large rings for windage and Elev. 1/16 adjustment. yours the same?
  • Options
    XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it is the same. Looks like the Unertl. About the same condition. Except it is on a Benchrest .244 rifle. The owner thinks he may get more if he sell them separtely but is not sure. I am trying to find out the value of the scope and the gun. Its a comm. Mauser action with a 1" barrel and a nice walnut stock. It has a nice trigger also.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well if it is of any use, When I bought my used rifle (Savage 112 j $350) and the Scope (BALvar 6-24 $250) at my gun shop, the owner took me in back of the shop to show me the rest, and to make a long story short, I got this set-up from an estate sale being held at the gun shop that was keep quiet.

When I whent to the back of the shop, there were about thirty 30
    Custom rifles for sale, In short the guy was a local gunsmith, and at least 20 of thoese rifles had BALvar 6-24 power scopes on them!. You make the call, but when I see A $2000 doller rifle in its time, $250 bucks aint bad for the scope used. (If its clean).

P.S. I picked up a New/used Rem. 40X in 22-250 for $375 the same way, less than 100 rounds through it. Sub .2s for that price I can live with!
    Good Luck