In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cartridge collectors question

gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I used to be into it many years ago (still love em), but let it go by the wayside. Couldn't keep up with that...and guns both. So...I am pretty lite on the subject these days.
Came into a small wad of stuff, and, want to get some money back at a show or two coming up.
Question for anybody, I guess, especially "Iconoclast".
What is a GOOD selling price....a price that is completely fair,...for those 11mm Vickers M.G. "balloon buster" ctgs.
I only got a couple,...one lead bullet and, one copper jacket, headstamped..."Western".
I don't have any lists anymore, so I would appreciate a guide,...thanks.

Bob

Comments

• Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunboob, depending on the headstamp, loading, condition & bidding, I've seen the 11mm fetch anything from $15 to $40 each. I would be very interested in obtaining them for myself, not for re-sale. US military is what I collect and do not have any of the Vickers in my collection. If you would like to contact me directly, tcg25@hotmail.com, at worst I can give you some more specific response based on further detail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, Icono.......I clicked on your given thingie, typed out a buncha stuff, then got rejected. I'm not too up on this , but, I think it stated that your address was rejected.
    Whyn't cha send me an e-mail that I can simply click on to return. That might enable me to get you.
    Mine is bob61@htc.net
    By the way, I really appreciate your reply.
    (See, I don't unnerstand this....why didn't mine become underlined too) Don't bother to explain, I wouldn't get it anyhoo.

Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, fer th' lova.....Now it is underlined.
    As you can see, I fully well know all that is going on here.

Bob
  • Options
    garandfangarandfan Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunboob,
    I don't want to butt in on your conversation but I don't think your getting his email because of the comma at the end of his email address. Click on it and then when the mail comes up, delete that comma on the end. That might be the problem. Just thought I'd let you know.

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
    effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I tried that, but, when the e-mail window comes up, I can't go back one position to delete,...it kicks all the way back for the whole thing.
    Anyway, I copied it all down and then just typed in the whole bunch, eliminating the last character, then sent a test.
    The "rejected" window came up again.....but.....it showed on my e-mail listing as "sent".
    I ain't sure what-th'-hell's goin' on. Gotta run fer now,...will battle again and recheck afterwhile......thanks

Bob
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bob, hopefully you have mail!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just a quick tip o th' hat to "garandfan" ....finally it all seems to be flowing again. Thanks fer the nudge.

Bob