In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Super 38

YosemitesamYosemitesam Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
O.K all you Colt experts I need some more advice. I need to know how to identify what year a Colt Super 38 Auto was made. It is not listed in my copy of the blue book. It does not have a C marking in the number series and it does not have US Govt. on it. I don't know how to identify what year it was manufacred.
Thanks
Yo-Sam

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I've been trying to find out the value of my 1940 Colt Super .38 automatic pistol. It's in 9/10 condition, if not better. If anyone knows about these guns, please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I inherited a lot of handguns and long guns one of which is a colt super 38 in excellent condition with a very low [under 5200]serial number,I believe that would put it in first year production [1928]if this is correct what would approx. value be?I have many other firearms that I have question on but will ask about one at a time,thanks
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are serial numbered and the serial number can be used to determine the year of manufacture.

If You Can't Buy a Pair, Get a Spare!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well not to be a pain but here are the first 3 numbers. 188xxx so according to what you said about the numbers up to 1968 it should fall in that range as its lower than 202xxx. and 69 /70 had the C Thanks for the info as my blue book doesn't show the actual number series on these [or I am missing something] so didn't really know what year it was made.
    Yo-Sam