In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock with no front sight...what's it worth?

doomsknight62doomsknight62 Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
Long story short, I own a Glock 21 with PT Night-Sights. Well, really only one night sight- the rear one. The front sight snapped off during firing due to POOR installation. I guess the screw just got in the way of the barrel and slide. Anyway, I would just replace the sight, but I have been considering buying a USP...and the wife says only one handgun in the house! Alright, so the question is, if you were bidding on a Glock missing a front sight, what would you expect to pay for it? Should I just use it as a paperweight?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    By the way...the whole gun is in about 98% condition, and has had about 1500 rounds put through it.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea sounds like a paperweight to me, just junk. I'll give you my address and you can just ship it to me to get rid of it. I send ya $10 to cover the shipping charges, ok.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take it back to whomever installed the sight, and make them put a new one on for free, thats my advice. I've done it a few times myself dealing with these smithless shops who try and do the small stuff themselves.

I can't really give a decent quote unless you tell me what gen Glock it is. Is it the older slick grip, a refurbished slick grip, or a new model with weaver rail dust guard?

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun is worth about the same as one with a front sight. Glock front sights are held in place by a spring, not a screw. A new sight would cost just a few dollars to replace.
    Happy shootin,,, Joe
  • Options
    Jody CommanderJody Commander Member Posts: 855 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not seen a Glock front night site with a spring, who makes it? All I have seen had a small hex head screw that engages the sight from the bottom side.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    THE NIGHT SIGHTS I'VE INSTALLED ON GLOCKS ARE HELD IN WITH A SMALL HEX HEAD SCREW, YOU CANN'T NECESSARILY BLAME THE GUNSMITH IF THE SCREW BREAKS, IF IT SHOT 1500 RDS BEFORE THE SIGHT & GUN PARTED COMPANY YOU CANN'T COMPLAIN (WELL YOU CAN BUT IT WILL NOT DO ANY GOOD). IF ANYTHING I'D WRITE A POLITE LETTER TO THE CO. THAT MADE THE SIGHT AND TELL THEM THE SCREW BROKE, YOU MIGHT GET A NEW ONE.
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Worst case scenario, you can add a factory glock front site to the gun for a couple of dollars.
  • Options
    4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Im with lee, its junk, e-mail me and Ill give you my address and you can ship it to me and I will pay all charges for its disposal...

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LeeBlackman-

The Glock is one of the newest available ( 3rd Gen, is that right? ). It has the new rails in the front and has the finger grooves on the grip. Other than the sight, the thing is practically new- a damn shame I let an idiot install the thing!
  • Options
    sandisksandisk Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep the GLOCK. Send it back to Glock in GA and let them install a new front sight and tune-up. You will get your GLOCK back in NEW CONDITION.
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would offer $50 less than what it is worth, just for the hastle. It's kinda like buying an older car with a missing hood ornament.
  • Options
    BushobiBushobi Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    God forbid if u ever get down to the nitty gritty of defending yourself you aint gonna be looking at them sights anyway...