In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage rifle

bmadiganbmadigan Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I have a brand new Savage model 111 in 3006, it has the detachable magazine. Today at the range shooting it for the first time I noticed a problem that I was hoping someone could help me with. After the last round is fired the magazine falls out of the rifle all on its own. Is this normal? I doubt it is, does anyone have ANY clue how to fix this. Also the rifle shoots pretty darn good. Its not really a problem at the range but I bet if that happens in the woods I would lose the magazine. Thanks for any help.

Alleno

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a savage 30-06 rifle with a synthetic stock. When I fire the last round the mag. pops out. Is this normal or do I have a problem with the rifle? Hope I am not an idiot!
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bn,
    You are not an idiot. Yes you have a problem.
    Probably others with more knowledge will respond but, what model?
    After market stock, etc. Only. The M-1 pops the clip out after last round. I do not know of another arm that drops the mag out when the last shot is fired. Hang in there, another will respond. 101
  • Options
    bullelkbullelk Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which model Savage?

"If All Else Fails, Read The Directions"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The model is 111 and the stock is not an after mafket. I did not get directions with the gun. There wasn't even a box, thats why I got a good deal, HA. I have looked at other guns in the same model and it appears that the catch isn't bent out as much on mine as with others.Would still like input.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact Savage, custumer service dept. They will answer your questions and will also be happy to send you a new manual (for free).
    Detachable magazines should not fall out after the last round is fired.
    Trivia: 'enbloc' clip fed guns normaly drop / eject the clip after the last round is chambered / fired IE: the M1 Garand (as mentioned) the M-95 manlicher straight pull, some of the carcanos etc

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would follow tail gunners advice,Savage has a very good customer service Dept.

Best!!

Rugster