In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mauser M2

leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
I saw a Mauser M2 in 40s&w at the gun shop the other day. The clip is marked 40s&w/357sig. How similar are these two bullets? Any real advantage in one or the other? The barrel is marked 40s&w, can you get a 357sig barrel, and would it be worth it? Thanks.

Car sickness is the feeling you get when you send in the monthly payment.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i just looked at a mauser m2. i was wondering if these are quality pistols, maybe in 40 or 45 caliber. thanks

one shot, one kill
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Both cartridges are loaded on 40 brass, so they will feed in a 40 mag. The Sig is a 9mm bullet in a bottleneck case which headspaces on the shoulder. This could be an advantage for more reliable operation. As far as performance; Sig 125gr @ 1375fps, 40SW 155gr @ 1050fps. Both are rated at around 94% one-shot stoppers. I have not seen a barrel offered for the Mauser. I find that the Sig is quicker on target acquisition for rapid fire in the bullet weights mentioned above.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mauser is a product of Sig Sauer, as of now there are no barrel switch avaliable.

Best!!

Rugster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. The gun is a nicely put together piece. The shop was only asking $399. for it. Sounds like a good deal.

Car sickness is the feeling you get when you send in the monthly payment.