In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Most Accurate "Out of the Box" 9mm

faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
Many folks note the Sig P-210 is the most accurate "out of the box" 9mm autoloader. Can this still be true, considering technological advances of late?
Thanks
Faldum

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Many folks note the Sig P-210 is the most accurate "out of the box" 9mm autoloader. Can this still be true, considering technological advances of late?
    Thanks
    Faldum
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    At $2300.00 (for a 9mm?) it'd sure better be. It should come with a 17-year-old Heather Locklear look-alike shooting instructor, too.

(anybody that would pay that for a 9mm, when you can get a .38 Super from Springfield Armory for $1500.00 that'll make any Sig in the world look like a flintlock, should have their head examined)
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even a P226 runs much tighter groups than most other 9mm guns. How much better than their target version of the P226 a P210 would be is anyone's guess--it could shoot better than its owner. Nice if you have the bucks and inclination--every review I've seen raves about it.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a P210 shoot an entire clip into a group at 25yds that could be covered with a dime. That guy was a great shot, but that is also one hell of a gun. I love my american made stuff, but there is no substitute for a SIG. If you can't shoot with the same proficiency as that guy I watched, get a P226. They will never let you down and will always bring the $$$ on resale if taken care of properly.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this one is only a matter of opinion,and personal experience.I have to say the CZ75 in my experience.But they are some very close contenders.

Best!!

Rugster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all for your input!!!True, this is a very subjective matter and your opinions are what makes this board WORK!!!
    I must confess I was a bit taken back when I saw my first SIG P-210 reposing in a cheap styrofoam factory box at a CADA gunshow.
    Having been "spoiled" by the exquisite mirror-blue finishes on early Smith & Wessons, I immediately thought, "Is That All There Is?" (Apologies to Peggy Lee..for those old enough to remember!!)
    Obviously, "looks" sell.
    I've had a ball with Astra 400/600's, Stars, Lugers, earlier S&W's and numerous "entry level" shooters. Now it's time to get down to some serious shooting!!
    I'm surprized someone has not mentiond the "L" word yet!!

A note to Rock...I think you will find your "Dream Instructor" will ultimately have a higher "Maintenance Cost" than any Sig currently available!!
    Faldum
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with rugster. The CZ75B SA has to be the most accurate "affordable" out of box 9mm I've ever shot.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do the CZ and the Sig both have the same length barrels? This should make a differance shouldn't it?

Jim
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Just a note on the 210. If you want to look at the beauty of the 210, look on the inside. Now try to find a machining or tool mark, check the tolerances. Thats called 'craftsmanship' not mass production.

But for the differance in money I'll take the CZ Standard or one of the Witness "Team" models. What the hell, 95% of my guns are more accurate than I am anyway.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    I think the Kel-Tec P11 is.....NOT!! Seriously, unless you don't have nothing to do with your money, a P210 sounds good, but I would settle for the P226. BTW, those Witness are pretty accurate and hard to beat for the price. GD
  • Options
    E.WilliamsE.Williams Member Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im with Rugster and Lee I also have to say the CZ-75.I have shot a 5906 Smith that is also highly accurate.

Eric S. Williams

Edited by - E.Williams on 08/01/2002 21:24:09
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    browning hi power is the way to go
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am really happy with my Sig 226. There are others, it is just a matter of how much money you want to spend.

If I knew then, what I know now.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other than lenght of barrel there are also other things to consider, like tolerances, rifling, and material.

You also have to consider the platform the barrel is stabalized in. Does the barrel and the sights re-align exactly the same and parrallel to eachother after every shot?

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !