In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stevens Arms Model 82

ibpaulpibpaulp Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am currently attempting to put back together my father's squirrell rifle he carried as a child. It is a model 82, Stevens Arms, Springfield. It is a .22 calibre single shot rifle made in the mid 30's. The extractor was broken and a family member took it to have it repaired. He passed away and the entire bolt assembly was lost. I wish to buy the part or an entire rifle to surprise my father and to give him back his old plinker to enjoy retirement with. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry that you didn't get a reply on this sooner. A check of the Numrich Gun Parts Catalog does not list this rifle or parts for it, but that does not mean that they don't have it. Parts for old obsolete guns are their stock in trade, and they continuously buy and sell small lots of parts and individual "junker" guns to be canabalized. In other words, their stuff comes and goes. Unpredictable--and it's first come first served. Their phone number is 845-679-2417, but I have found it better to write a letter describing exactly what I need, make a drawing of the part if possible, make copies of the letter, and periodically mail them a copy until you strike paydirt. In your case, an entire bolt may be easier to find than a smaller part. You can also advertise your wants on the "Want Ad" forum or in the "Parts Wanted" sections of The Shotgun News or Gun List publications. There are other parts houses as well, one being the Jack First Co., 605-343-9544. You will aditionally find parts suppliers listed in the above mentioned publications. Good luck in your search.