In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Smokepole - E Bay Item - Question

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
Anybody able to explain what this is.I may find it useful someday if I knew how to use it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36258&item=3679366861&rd=1

1-Powder
2-Patch
3-Ball
4-Remove the Rod
5-Do Not Forget the Cap.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My WAG is that the two levers "cam" down around the ramrod, this is when you have a ball puller screwed in the end of the ramrod. They provide leverage for pulling the ball out. If you ever tried to pull a ball from a dirty fouled barrel, it would be a blessing.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe ... you nailed it!

One of the reasons I bought the CO2 ball discharge system was wrestling with a puller/rod. then about a month after buying the CO2 I saw one of these in a fellas kit at a shoot, at that time I think the cost was $10 which was about 20% of what I spent on the CO2 with adaptors and a carton of cylinders. Irony of it all ... never have had to use it since I bought it.

2470100-M.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!