In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 37 28ga

adamj812adamj812 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited December 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I have a 28ga 37 with a "Modified" choke, 26" bbl and a shorter length of pull. Could this be a youth model? It's the real thing and the stock and barrel havent been cut either.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Another question.

Anyone know what a Winchester Model 37 28 gauge single shot shotgun might be worth? I do know that it is a "Red Letter" and is in about 95% overall condition. Very very nice gun. I bought it for $250 from an old farmer who's father bought it and only fired it a few times. I see most of the other gauges going for $300-400 in the same condition, but I don't see any 28 gauge.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Adam
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've developed an obsession with these guns. I hardly ever see one but when I do it's price is in the $2000 range. This is for a REAL gun! Does anyone have any idea how many were made? A know that there were over 1,000,000 model 37s made but how many were made in the 28ga?
  • Options
    schintzieschintzie Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is truly in 95% condition, $900-$1000 would not be unreasonable. (The majority of the 28 gauges were red letter).
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One just sold last month on an internet auction for $1800.00
  • Options
    sandy122582sandy122582 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for a Winchester Model 37 28 gauge for my friend for his birthday. Does anyone still have one for sale??!! I really need it cause he says I'll never find one. Let me know please. [:D]

quote:Originally posted by adamj812
    Another question.

Anyone know what a Winchester Model 37 28 gauge single shot shotgun might be worth? I do know that it is a "Red Letter" and is in about 95% overall condition. Very very nice gun. I bought it for $250 from an old farmer who's father bought it and only fired it a few times. I see most of the other gauges going for $300-400 in the same condition, but I don't see any 28 gauge.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Adam
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello adam: Well first you should go directly to Jail, do not pass Go! You stole that gun!!

The Md 37 28ga. is a rare one, and it should be a "Red Letter", also it should be stamped with 2 7/8 CHAM. The barrel length should be 28 or 30 inches, if you have a 30 inch, that's the rarest. The 28 ga was only cateloged for about 12 years, that's why you don't see many of them.

As to the value, it depends on how you try to market it! IE: local news paper, national publication, one of the internet sites such as GB here or listing sight. I saw one NIB sell for $4000. about a year ago. I've seen some sell $800-$1500 range that were pretty rough and or cracked stocks. If yours is as nice as you say, I'd put a range of $1800-$3000. Winchester only made a few pre-64 shotgun models in 28 ga. (12, 37, and the 21).

Enjoy!

Regards Dave
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet. I love a happy ending.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, this was an old message, I originally posted it back in March. I sold it this past fall for $3500. This one had the 30 inch barrel on it.

When the farmer I purchased the guns from invited me to go hunting at his place I surprised him with a check for $1000 as I really had no idea it was worth that much.

Anyway, just figured I'd give an update on it.

-Adam