In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca 37 Featherlight value

akastormiakastormi Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
A friend handled me a Ithaca 37 Featherlight in 12 Ga. I own new ones this one is older, serial# 3718xxxxx. It is in very, very nice shape, pheasants on one side, geese on the other. Nice checkered grip, ring tail foregrip and the buttplate is marked Supreme. It has a 28" ribbed barrel and a 20" slug barrel. It was his fathers shotgun and he believed both barrels came with the gun. What is the value on it, date of manufacture, any little bit will be appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forumn! I can't help with the date of man. but with the slug barrel and ribbed barrel it should be in the $400- 500 range. They're great guns but don't have the following of a Win. mod 12. You would probably have to wait a while to get in the top range.
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I didnt know they made 371 million featherlight shotguns...maybe there are too many X's?
    people are interested in the small bore guns but if you check the auctions on here you will see 12 ga sell with one barrel for 200-250 in very good condition. the extra barrel is worth 125 dollars and if it is a matched set it could be a bit more.
    welcom to the forum and best of luck with the ithica
  • Options
    ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi the first two numbers just indicate the model. 18 does not tell me alot but it was manufactured between 1983-1986 after that it went to the model 87 same gun different company then it went back to model 37 in 1996 great guns I own a few if I was buying 350 to 390 with both barrels if I was selling start at 475 those are not blue book values and since I can not see the guns condition that would be my best guess.