In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M70 Safari Express

HuntingGuyHuntingGuy Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
Hi Guys--

I am looking into buying a Winchester Model 70 Safari Express in .375 H&H. I should have bought it long before they closed the Conn. plant, but I probably took the thought for granted at the time.

All of the Safari Express .375's I see listed go for $2500-3500.00, which I think may be out of my league. Do you think these high prices on the rifles will stay this way? Will they drop eventually, or just keep getting higher?

Advice would be great.. [:)]

Thanks, HG

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HuntingGuy,

Bide your time and look for a deal. I think they will come down from time to time but not forever. I want to say I found one for about $1200.00 the other day but can't remember where.
    This is one of the models that is still being produced in Begium at the FN plant. They are going to continue producing only the higher grade models...which I don't think is going to appeal to the American market as a whole. -good luck and keep up the search.
  • Options
    deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my opinion these Inflated priced winchester model 70 and model 94 prices WILL go down, They are priced very high Because of two reasons .....Number one is the fact that most dealers started to stock pile model 70's and 94's from when the news that winchester was closing its doors for good was just hear say, so that and the fact it is human nature to want what you cant have Made the FFL's a huge cash cow. I am already starting to see "normal" priced winchester on retail dealers shelves that were traded in or sold by people that only bought them because they "Had to get one" not because they really wanted that particular model. Its a very simple matter of supply and demand, if we the consumers refused to pay these FFL's thier scalper priced wares they MUST come down on the prices or they dont eat. keep looking combing the stores you will get one at a decent price .
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you really want the Winchester or do you want a 375? If you a 375 I would suggest a CZ 550. You can get one of those for less than $1000.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ is good, ruger safari really good