In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savager Sporter .22 Value

adamj812adamj812 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have any idea on what a Savage Sporter .22LR would be worth? The gun is in maybe unfired condition. Not a scratch, nick or anything on it anywhere. I can't seem to find anything in like condition online anywhere for comparision. Any opinions?

-Adam

Comments

• Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    The ones with normal wear and tear sell for $120 to $150.

If yours is as nice as you say, maybe $175 to $200, if someone wants a pristine one. Maybe more, who knows?
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it a 23A, or a 23AA? These are fairly collectable, but not along the lines of the centerfire 23's.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not sure if it's a 23? Just says Savage Sporter on the barrel. Has patent dates of 1905, 1915 and 1917. Any easy way of telling what model it is?

-Adam
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't suppose you could get a picture to us? It MIGHT be a Savage 19, but I still think 23. The only apparant visual clue will be the schnabel forend, otherwise they look like most any other early 20th century designed 22 bolt action. I think the 23AA was introduced in 1922 with improved lock time as the main distinguishing feature. There were also Savage Sporters made that were Large sized 30-06 and 30-30chambered guns, made a little later. The patent dates would rule that out though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here are a few photos.

savsport.jpg
    savsport2.jpg
    savsport3.jpg
    savsport4.jpg

-Adam
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A very pretty model 23 indeed! The blueing looks original and I would assume the stock to be unrefinished as well. IU think I see a 5 digit serial number behind the ejection port, so that would indicate it is a 23A, not a 23AA. THe only difference worth mentioning between the 2 is the improved lock time on the 23AA. An A model in that kind of shape would be a little more valuable, but not much. I would put in a starting price of $300, and see what happens. I would assume it to go for much more than that...likely around $400. Keep in mind this gun has to be unmolested for that kind of price, but I would say from the looks of it, it is NOT messed with. Check the top of the reciever for extra holes, aside from that, represent it as what it is...virtually mint.