In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP!!

razorblade17razorblade17 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
OK GUYS!! HELP ME DECIDE!! REALLY LOVE BOTH OF THESE GUNS!! TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN THE XD-40 SPRINGFIELD AND THE S&W-MP40-- BOTH FEEL GOOD; BUT I THINK I LIKE THE FEEL OF THE MP A LITTLE BETTER. FEELS LIKE IT WAS "MADE" FOR MY HAND!!ANY BIG DIFFERENCES I SHOULD BE AWARE OF? BOTH ABOUT THE SAME PRICE; BUT THE XD DOES COME WITH THE EXTRA "PACKAGE" HOLSTER, MAGS, ETC. PLAN TO BUY THIS WEEK. HAVE NOT SHOT EITHER BUT LIKE I SAID, BOTH SEEM TO BE NICE PIECES.

THANKS, RAY

Comments

• Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Razor, I think you have already made up your mind, but if your still wondering find a indoor range where you can shoot them both, you'll always do better with a gun you shoot well, I personally prefer the XD as it fits me the best but the Smith is a Smith.... and always remember, the gun that fits you the best is the gun that is the best fit for you
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Both good but I would go with the XD.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS A LOT!! R17
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS AGAIN, BUT IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR REASON FOR THE XD OVER THE SMITH!! ??????? OR IS IT JUST PREFERENCE?? SAFETY?? REALIABILTY?? COST?? JUST WONDERING!! R
  • Options
    Yasser ArafatYasser Arafat Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by razorblade17
    THANKS AGAIN, BUT IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR REASON FOR THE XD OVER THE SMITH!! ???????

Yes, the XD is a better clone of the Glock than the S&W is[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smith,Smith,Smith, and I 'carry' a Glock @ work (required) and have been to the glock armory school , but I think the Springfield could be better in some ways ...Just my opinoin .......
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS, D.A.-- AM LEANING TOWARD THE SMITH! ONE REASON. A SMITH WAS THE FIRST GUN I EVER BOUGHT. SMITH AND COLT WERE THE ONLY NAMES I KNEW IN PISTOLS. (WAY BACK WHEN)

(DITTO FOR YOUR DOG AS BEST FRIEND!! MY TWO CATS ARE THE SAME WAY!!
    BUDDIES TILL THE END!!) RAY
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    Thanks , yes my dog is the best person I know ... but anyhow , I really like S&W's , and these are really nice , looks as if the dept. I work @ is going to buy these as an issue gun , wont hurt my feelings at all ...
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    blackmesariflecoblackmesarifleco Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun tests magazine rated the XD(best buy) over the MP(conditional buy) in a complete line of tests.