In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bipod question??

pscgradpscgrad Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am looking to purchase a bipod and was looking for some advice. I would like one that I can use both for turkey hunting as well as for whitetail. I most generally find myself shooting either (deer or turkey) from a sitting position. I would appreciate your 2 cents.

Comments

• Options
    pscgradpscgrad Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking to purchase a bipod and was looking for some advice. I would like one that I can use both for turkey hunting as well as for whitetail. I most generally find myself shooting either (deer or turkey) from a sitting position. I would appreciate your 2 cents.
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bipods are very good in many situations, but they are also relatively bulky. In the case of the foward folding Harris bipods, which I have owned and used, the tend to catch on things when the going gets thick if you have them always mounted on your rifle. Have you looked at and considered a set of folding shooting sticks? They tend to be light, compact and usually cost less then a good quality bipod. If you are set on a bipod the go with the Harris of your choice.
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    I'll second the Harris, as they come in a veriety of colapsable leg lengths,& quite managable..OR

find a nice tree & cut a nice 'y' branch ,about 1" dia x (to suit your length)..
    also come in handy to test water/bog depth,& as walkin stick...& makes superb rest ,stuck in the ground! [;)]