In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Romanian training rifles

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
Need to find a source for the spring follower in the bolt for the 1969 Romanian 22 training rifles. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Yasser ArafatYasser Arafat Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The M1969 should use a detachable magazine. If'n you need some I have them at work
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    Good Luck on most parts for these , seem to be decent rifles , but parts ??? we have sold several and have one now that we have been looking for some internal bolt parts for ??? most of the regular parts places have very few parts for these ... we have found that fleabay has some stuff @ times ???
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chief Shaway,

Good luck, I have been trying to get a replacement firing pin for mine. I've tried all the gun places I know on the internet. Now just looking for a new one if I can find it cheaply. -best

EDIT:

iceracerx,

Thanks much for the info! I'm glad I came back to this post by chance and saw what you had posted.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hmmmm - is there a market for "new" firing pins and the like? NEW at a FAIR price? And what would that price be?

ICE - willing to fire up the lathe (South Bend w/ Milling Attachment)and disassemble the Romanian to get to the pin

FYI Win model 52 Firing pin is $39.35 from NUMRICH

Romanian M1969 REPLACEMENT FIRING PINS - $12.95

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/access.html

CHIEF - please go to

http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/M-69boltdisassembly.htm

Look at the photos and identify what part you are calling a "Spring Follower"

We can always make a new part for you - we just need to know which one.

ICE
  • Options
    Yasser ArafatYasser Arafat Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The firing pin on the M1969 fits in a slot on the side of the bolt, a single pin (2.5mm?) holds it in place. Takes about two minutes to change. If the gun is jamming when loading, the edge of the pin is worn and not staying retracted when closing the bolt.